AP LAWCET 2019: Date for AP LAWCET 2019 exam will be released soon. AP LAWCET 2019 will be conducted in April 2019. AP LAWCET (Andhra Pradesh Common Law Entrance Test) is a state level entrance exam conducted every year for inviting applications for the candidates seeking admission in law programs offered at Andhra Pradesh university and its constituent universities. AP LAWCET is conducted by Sri Krishnadevaraya University, Anantapur on the behalf of Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education (APSCHE).
AP LAWCET Admission 2019
All the details related to AP LAWCET 2019 like application form, dates, eligibility, courses offered, pattern, admit card etc are available in this article.
- LLB (Bachelor of Law)- 3 years course
- LLB (Bachelor of Law)- 5 year course ( Integrated LLB)
- LLM (Master of Law)
AP LAWCET 2019 Important Dates
The tentative schedule of AP LAWCET 2019 is given in the table below-
|Release of official notification||February 2019|
|Submission of online application starts||Last week of February 2019|
|Last date to submit application form (without late fee)||3rd week of March 2019|
|Last date to submit application form (with Rs. 500/- late fee)||4th week of March 2019|
|Last date to submit application form (with Rs.1000/- late fee)||Last week of March 2019|
|Last date to submit application form (with Rs.1500/- late fee)||1st week of April 2019|
|Last date to submit application form (with 5000/- late fee)||2nd week of April 2019|
|Release of admit card||1 or 2 weeks prior to exam|
|Date of exam||April 2019|
|Declaration of result||June 2019|
Official dates will be updated shortly.
AP LAWCET 2019 Application Form
- Candidates have to submit their application only through online mode. Offline application forms will not be provided.
- Online Application form submission will start most probably in the month of February 2019.
- Candidates have to fill all the details (personal details, qualification etc) in the form accurately in order to avoid mistakes.
- If any candidate fails to submit the application form before the due date, he/she can submit it till 2nd week of April 2019 with the late fee.
- Candidates are required to upload a scanned copy of recent photograph and signature in the format specified by the conducting authority.
- Candidates have to pay a specific amount of application fee as prescribed by the board and have to submit the application form.
- Candidates must take a printout of the filled-in application form for future reference.
- All the candidates have to pay an application fee of Rs. 450/-
- Candidates can pay application fee through online(net banking/credit card/debit card) mode or offline(AP centers)
AP LAWCET 2019 Eligibility
Candidates need to satisfy the eligibility criteria set by APSCHE for AP LAWCET 2019. Candidates can check the eligibility criteria given below before applying-
- Candidates must be an Indian citizen.
- Candidates must be a local/permanent resident of Andhra Pradesh and should possess a domicile.
- For LLB (3 years) – Candidates must have a three years bachelor degree with any discipline with 45% (40% for SC/ST candidates) marks in aggregate from a recognized university.
- For LLB (5 years) – Candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent with any discipline with 45% (40% for SC/ST candidates) marks in aggregate from a recognized board.
- Final year appearing candidates in qualifying exam are also eligible.
Age Limit Criteria
- Minimum age for candidates to apply for AP LAWCET 2019 is 21 years.
- Upper age limit for AP LAWCET 2019 is not specified.
AP LAWCET 2019 Exam Pattern
- The exam will be conducted in offline mode.
- Questions will be of objective type.
- Total 120 questions will be asked.
- Duration of exam will be 90 minutes.
- Questions will be asked in English and Telugu language.
- Each correct answer will yield 1 mark.
- There is no provision for negative marketing.
Section-wise distribution of questions and marks is as follows-
|Section||No. of Questions||Total marks|
|General Knowledge& Mental Ability||30||30|
|Aptitude for the study of Law||60||60|
Questions will be asked from topics like general knowledge, current affairs, aptitude for law study etc. For 5 years degree course syllabus will be of 10+2 level and for 3 years it will be of degree level. In ‘Aptitude for the study of Law’ section of paper question will be asked from topics like contracts and Constitutional Law, Strict Liability, Vicarious Liability, Contracts and Constitutional Law, Law of Crimes, Intellectual Property Rights, Torts, International Law.
AP LAWCET 2019 Admit Card
- Admit card for AP LAWCET 2019 will be released most probably in the month of April, 1 or 2 weeks before the exam date.
- Admit card will be issued only through online mode at the board’s website. No admit card will be sent through the post.
- It is necessary for all the candidates to carry their admit card to the exam centre. Candidates without admit card will not be allowed to appear in the exam.
- All the details about the candidate are mentioned on the admit card. These details include-
- Name of the candidate
- date of birth
- father’s name
- roll number
- registration number/ application number
- exam name, date and time
- examination centre
- Candidates must check all these details before appearing in exam.
- Candidates must secure their admit card till the admission procedure completes.
AP LAWCET 2019 Result
The result of AP LAWCET 2019 is expected to publish in the month of June 2019. The result will be uploaded on the official website of the conducting authority. No hard copy of result will be sent to any of the candidates. Candidates have to download it from the official portal by using their registration number and password. There is no provision of re-evaluation of the result. Rank list will be prepared on the basis of score obtained by the candidates.
AP LAWCET 2019 Counselling
After the publication of result and rank card, counseling will be commenced. Counseling may start in the month of June 2019. Qualified candidates will be invited for counseling. Candidates will be notified about counseling through online mode. Seats will be allotted to the candidates in law programs in various universities across the state of Andhra Pradesh.
Exam schedule will be updated soon.
Keep visiting our page more updates on AP LAWCET 2019.