Bangalore University Results: Bangalore University is one of the popular universities of South India situated in the IT capital of India i.e. Bangalore. BU is a public state university is affiliated with UGC and is a part of Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) and Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
Established on July 1964, Bangalore University is the largest university in South Asia. The two premier colleges of Bangalore formed the center of the university initially. These colleges were the Central College (CC) and the University Visvesvaraya College of Engineering (UVCE). With the passage of time, BU emerged as an affiliating university.
Bangalore University Results 2019
University has around 720 affiliated colleges that offer Undergraduate, postgraduate, integrated, doctoral, certificate and distance programs in various discipline like Arts, Science, management, engineering, Law, education etc. Presently, University has 48 Post Graduate departments. BU offers 50 PG courses, employment oriented certificate, and diploma courses.
BU has two campuses- City Campus- Central College and Jnana Bharathi (JB) Campuses.
JB Campus of the university is spread in an area of 1100 acre. The JB Campus houses the offices of the vice-chancellor, registrar and other service offices of the universities.
University has also established Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with reputed national and international universities and institutions. BU has also been ranked 245 in Asia for the year 2018 by the QS World University Rankings.
Sri Sri Ravi Shankar, Anushka Sharma, Sir Mokshagundam Visvesvaraya, Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw, Rahul Dravid, Anil Kumble, Lakshmi Narayanan etc are some of the eminent personalities of India who are notable alumni of Bangalore University.
Read the complete article as it includes important information about Bangalore University, exam & admission procedure, result etc.
An Overview of Bangalore University (BU)
|Article category||University results|
|Courses offered||UG, PG, integrated programs, Ph.D., certificate and distant programs|
|University status||State University|
|Affiliations||UGC, NAAC, ACU, AIU, DEC|
|Number of campuses||2|
|Chancellor||Governor of Karnataka|
|Mode of registration for admission||Online|
|Declaration of results||Online|
|Official Website of University||www.bangaloreuniversity.ac.in|
Bangalore University has following faculties that offer various courses and ensure that university imparts quality education.
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Commerce & Management
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Science
Important details about the university admission procedure
- Admissions into Bangalore university are basically done on the basis of merit.
- Students can apply for admission into the university through both online and offline mode.
- Online application forms for PG admissions are released in the month of July.
Bangalore University Exams and Results
- Exams in Bangalore University are conducted on a semester Therefore exams are conducted twice a year.
- University organizes the exams for all the odd semesters November and December and for even semester exams are conducted in May-June.
- The results for all the odd semesters are declared in the month of February every year and for even semesters in July.
- The exam for various certificate courses is conducted in the month of April and the result is announced in June.
- University authority informs the students about the release dates of the result by providing the information on its official website. Therefore, students are advised to stay in touch with the university website.
- The results are declared only through the online mode. No other mode is applicable.
- Students have to check the result from the official portal of the university by entering the valid registration number.
- Students are required to keep their registration number safe with them as without the registration number they will not be able to check the result. For that, they can keep their admit card safe.
- In case, students are not satisfied with the result they can apply for revaluation of answer sheets with an online payment of prescribed fee within the specified date and time.
- Without online payment of the prescribed fee, no request will accept and entertained. Also, the fee paid once is not refundable.
- It is mandatory to obtain a photocopy of the answer sheet to apply for revaluation.
- For undergraduate course, there is no challenge valuation. Apart from this, there is also not a provision of valuation or photocopy for drawing paper.
- After the declaration of result, the university will update photocopy and revaluation notification for various courses and semesters on its website.
- After the last date, no request for revaluation or photocopy will be entertained by the university.
- The result will include the following information- Name of the students, Course, semester, mother’s name, father’s name, roll number, registration number/enrollment number, papers, subject-wise marks obtained, total marks, grades, CGPA, result status etc.
- The university result will issue a grade certificate or mark sheet on the basis of the grades/ marks obtained in the exam at the end of the semester.
- Students can collect the grade certificate from the university. It will include course details like title, code, a number of credits and grade secured.
Procedure to check the Bangalore University Results
Bangalore University announces the result on its website. Students can follow the given procedure to check and download the result.
- Visit the official website of Bangalore university i.e. www.bangaloreuniversity.ac.in.
- On the homepage of the portal, click on the “result” link provided under the head of Examination.
- Now, enter the valid registration number and click on search.
- The result will display on the screen.
- Check the result.
- Save the result for future use.
To get regular updates the result and exam dates, university students are advised to stay in touch with the official website. In case of more details about the university, you can contact the university at the contact details mentioned below.
Gnana Bharathi Campus,
Gnana Bharathi Main Rd,
Teachers Colony, Nagarbhavi,
Keep visiting our page for more details related to Bangalore University result.