IIT JEE Main Counselling Schedule 2019: JEE is the most popular exam among the engineering students, and soon JEE Main Counselling 2019 will be done by JoSAA. It is the national level entrance exam regulated by CBSE. Through JEE exam you will get admission in premier government and private labeled colleges. JEE Main is the first round of the written exam after which you have to go through counselling rounds. Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) since 2015 is JEE counselling conducting body. There will be six rounds in the process below we have discussed in details each and every process. JEE Main 2019 counselling will be conducted by 31 NITs, 20 IIITs and 18 GFTIs all over India. All the form filling and option entry is online mode and will start from the first week of July 2019.
JEE Main Counselling 2019
First, you need to check your JEE Main result 2019 as only qualifies students will more to Mains Counselling 2019 rounds and seat allotment process. JEE main counselling 2019 will be centralized through the online portal of JEE. To get counselling registration that is option entry you will have to go to JoSAA site and look for the link. It will start from First week of July this year. All those students who qualify the JEE Main written exam will be eligible for admission and seat allotment in all participating colleges except for IITs and ISM.
JEE Counselling Fee
For SC/ST/SC-PwD/ST-PwD/GEN-PwD/OBC-NCL-PwD Rs.20000
For General Candidates Rs. 45000/-
Seat acceptance fee in order to get admission.
JEE Main Counselling 2019 Procedure
Counselling consists of 6 rounds under the board of JoSAA 2019. You will get admission in session 2019. The process of JEE counselling 2019 consist of following steps.
- Open the portal of JEE provided
- Enter “JEE Main 2019 Roll No.” & “Password.”
- Sign in with click on submit button
- Click on “I Agree” button.
- Registration Form for JoSAA will be opened.
- Make sure you tick on the “Declaration” button.
- Now submit the form
- Confirm Registration by click on it.
- You will be inside the portal.
Online Choice Filling and Locking
- “Choice Available” option will be in front of you,
- Choose the Institute Type, Institute Name & Academic Programme that you want to get seat allotted.
- “Choice Filling & Locking” option is now next.
- Choose Colleges & Courses.
- Fill as many as possible in decreasing order of the preferences for getting admission.
- Click on the “Save” button.
- Make choices carefully, choices one locked will not change.
- You have to choice lock after each counselling
- Reservation norms, choices filled and vacancies of the seat are the Seat Allotment basis.
- Students will receive in registered Email/SMS regarding seat allotment.
- Download your seat allotment letter which will be used at the counselling
Fee Payment & Seat Acceptance
- Pay your fee for confirmation of seat
- Pay it through SBI Net Banking/e-Challan.
- Make sure you verify your documents and fee receipt at any of the reporting centres of JoSAA.
- After all the above process you will get provisional admission letter.
Reporting to Allocated Institution
you have to report at the centre in person with all the documents mentioned below and secure your seat by paying the fee.
JEE Main Counselling Rounds Documents Required 2019
Take original and three photocopies of them to the reporting center. Also self-attested the photocopies by the sign.
- Three passport size photographs used at the time of registration.
- Provisional seat allotment letter
- Proof of seat acceptance fee payment
- Photo identity card
- JEE Main 2019 Admit Card
- JEE Main 2019 Score Card
- Date of birth proof
- Class XII Mark sheet
- Category certificate (if applicable)
JoSAA Counselling schedule 2019 for JEE Main
All the dates here are tentative are according to previous year record. We will update the post when exact dates are published by JoSAA-2019.
|1.||Declaration of JEE Advanced 2019 AIRs by JAB||Second week of June 2019|
|2.||CBSE makes available final Class XII Marks to JoSAA||Third week of June 2019|
|3.||Declaration of JEE Main 2019 AIRs by Joint Apex Board||Last week of June 2019|
|4.||Candidates fill in their choices of academic programs in participating Institutes||Last week of June 2019|
|5.||Display of mock seat allocation based on choices filled-in by candidates as of June 26 (5 pm)||Last week of June 2019|
|6.||Reconcile the data, allocate seats, verify and validate||Last week of June 2019|
|7.||JEE Main Seat allocation (1st round)||Last week of June 2019|
|8.||Acceptance of seat (1st round)||First week of July 2019|
|9.||Display of seats filled/availability status||July 2019|
|10.||Seat allocation (2nd round)||First week of July 2019|
|11.||Acceptance/withdrawal of seat (2nd round)||July 2019|
|12.||Display of seats filled/availability status||After 2nd round seat acceptance, one day|
|13.||JEE Main Seat allocation 2019 (3rd round)||After 2nd round seat acceptance, one day|
|14.||Acceptance/withdrawal of seat (3rd round)||2-3 days after seat allotment of 3rd round|
|15.||Display of seats filled/availability status||After 3rd round seat acceptance, one day|
|16.||Seat allocation 4th round||After 3rd round seat acceptance, one day|
|17.||Acceptance of seats (4th round)||1-2 days of seat allocation of 4th round|
|18.||Beginning of academic sessions at IITs||Fourth week of July 2019|
|19.||Physical reporting of candidates at admitting Institutes (NITs); Schedule for IITs||Fourth week of July 2019|
|20.||Academic session starts for preparatory courses at IITs||Last week of July 2019|
|21.||Academic sessions starts at NITs||Fourth week of July 2019|
JoSAA JEE Counselling Supernumerary Seat allotment for specific Union Territories
- Andaman & Nicobar Islands,
- Dadra & Nagar Haveli,
- Daman & Diu,
- Lakshadweep Islands
For these union territories, the seat will be in the NITs shown below.
|1.||Andaman and Nicobar Islands||NIT Durgapur|
|3.||Daman and Diu||NIT Surat|
|4.||Dadra and Nagar Haveli||NIT Surat|
Official Website: www.josaa.nic.in
There will be separate counselling round for seat allotment for these union territories and Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland, Sikkim, Tripura after the main rounds by JoSAA-2019. These rounds will be conducted by Centralized Seat Allotment Board (CSAB) which works under the authority of the North Eastern States and Union Territories (NEUT).
Hope we have given you all the necessary information. But in case we missed something you can ask us below in commenting section, and we will respond to it ASAP. All the best for the JEE Main counselling 2019 by JoSAA.