KCET 2019: Exam dates for KCET 2019 exam will be released in January 2019. KCET i.e. Karnataka Common Entrance Test is also known as Karnataka CET (Kar CET) is a state level entrance test. KCET exam is conducted by Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA) managed by Karnataka Government for inviting applications for offering admissions in Engineering, Architecture, Pharmacy, Ayurveda, homeopathy, Unani, Naturopathy and yoga, Farm Sciences etc in various government/private colleges of Karnataka. KCET 2019 will be conducted in April 2019. Here, in this article, we will share all the details like exam dates, application form, eligibility, pattern, application fee, admit card, results etc.
Official website- http://kea.kar.nic.in
KCET 2019 Exam Dates
Below we have shared the complete schedule for KCET 2019
|Online application submission starts from||2nd week of January 2019|
|Online application submission closing date||1st week of March 2019|
|Availability of admit card||3rd week of April 2019|
Paper-1(Biology & Mathematics)
Paper-2(Physics & Chemistry)
|Date of Kannada Language Test||April 2019|
|Release of Answer Keys||1st week of May 2019|
|Last date to challenge Answer Key||2nd week of May 2019|
|Announcement of Result||Last week of May 2019|
|Counseling||2nd week of June 2019|
These dates are tentative, exact dates will be updated as they will be published.
KCET 2019 Application Form
- Application form for KCET 2019 will be released by KEA in 2nd week of January 2019 and will be available till 1st week of March 2019
- Candidates must fill their application form before the due date.
- Candidates can fill application form only through online mode.
- Application through other modes will not be accepted.
- Candidates must read all the important instructions mentioned in the Boucher available at the website of KEA before filling the application form.
How to fill the Application Form
Here we are sharing instructions to fill the application form. Hope these instructions will guide candidates to fill their forms without any difficulty.
- Candidates first visit the official website of Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA)e. www.kea.kar.nic.in
- The second step is to click on the CET 2019 link on the news section
- Now candidates have to register themselves by providing their email and a valid mobile number.
- After registration candidates have to fill the application form by entering all the details correctly and carefully.
- when candidates are done with the process of filling all the details in the application form, they have to upload their recent passport size photograph, signature and left-hand thumb impression(scanned copies of all) as per the prescribed format.
- Lastly, candidates have to submit their application form by making payment of the prescribed application fee for.
Candidates must fill all the details carefully as to avoid mistakes in the form.
Candidates are suggested to take the printout of the duly filled application form and preserve it for future reference.
KCET 2019 Application Fee
The application form will be not submitted without the payment of the application fee. Below we have shared the information about the application fee prescribed by the board according to the categories of the candidates.
|Candidates who have completed their 12+2 or pre-university from state other than Karnataka||Rs. 750|
- KCET 2019 application fee will be paid only through offline mode (any bank challan) or through e-post office.
- Bank charges of Rs. 10 and e-post charge of Rs.12 is applicable on the payment of Application fee.
KCET 2019 Eligibility
Candidates must check whether they are eligible or not for filling the application form. Eligibility criteria for KCET 2019 are given below-
- Candidates must be an Indian Citizen.
There is a different criteria for different courses.
For Engineering/ Architecture courses-
- Candidates must have completed their 10+2 from a recognized board.
- General category candidates must have completed 10+2 with at least 45% in Mathematics and Physics along with one of the subjects like Biology /Biotechnology/ Chemistry/ Electronics/Computer science. For reserved category candidates (SC/ST) minimum required marks is 40%.
- Candidates must have completed 10+2 with mathematics and physics as compulsory subjects and English as a language subject.
- Architecture candidates must have a valid NATA scorecard.
- Appearing candidates are also eligible.
For Science/Pharmacy courses-
- Candidates must have completed their 10+2/2nd PUC with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as compulsory subjects and English as a language subject from a recognized board.
- For general candidates, minimum obtained marks is 45% and for SC/ST 40% is the minimum marks obtained.
- Appearing candidates are also eligible.
KCET 2019 Pattern
A specific pattern is followed in every exam. Exam pattern of KCET 2019 is given below-
- Exam will be conducted in offline mode(pen and paper)
- Multiple Choice Questions will be asked in the Question paper.
- Total number of questions will be 60 in each section(physics, chemistry, mathematics, biology)
- The exam will be of total 320 minutes and each section will be 80 minutes.
- Each question will be awarded 1 mark
- No provision for negative marking is there.
KCET 2019 Syllabus
Candidates have to refer PUC 1st and PUC 2nd syllabus prescribed by the Department of Pre-University Education of Karnataka as KCET 2019 syllabus will be based on that. Candidates have to refer Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and biology according to the course they have applied for
KCET 2019 Admit Card
Admit card for KCET 2019 will be available on the online portal of the board most likely from 3rd week of April 2019. Candidates can get their admit card only through online mode. Admit cards will not be sent to any candidates through post or e-mail, they only have to download it from the website.
Candidates must bring their admit card to the exam center without admit card candidates will not be allowed to write their exam. Candidates must keep their admit card safe till the admission procedure ends.
KCET 2019 Result
KCET 2019 is expected to release in the last week of May 2019.
The exact date will be updated on our page. Candidates can check their results on the official website of KEA after its publication.
KCET 2019 Counselling
After the release of KCET 2019 results counseling date will be announced and selected candidates will be called for counseling. Candidates for counseling will be selected on the basis of the cut-off and merit list prepared. Candidates have to bring their rank card and admit card along with other documents/certificates at the day counseling. On the basis of rank in KCET 2019 and marks in 10+2 candidates will be selected and given admission in their preferred course in various colleges of Karnataka.