Kerala University Result: The University of Kerala is one of the first 16 universities of India. It was founded in 1937 as University of Travancore. Later, The Kerala University Act (Act 14 of 1957) came into force and the University of Travancore was changed into its present name. It is an affiliating university located at the capital of Kerala i.e. Thiruvananthapuram. It is informally known as Kerala University.
Presently, University of Kerala has more than 150 affiliated colleges situated in the various parts of Kerala. There are more than 84000 students enrolled in these institutions and colleges. It has 16 faculties, 9 schools, and 42 university departments. The main campus of the university is in Karyavattom. University department offers 42 PG, 36 M.Phil, 42 Ph.D., 18 Certificate, 13 PG diploma programs, and various UG programs.
Kerala University Result 2019
The University has been ranked in the bracket of 801-1000 in the world and 251-300 in Asia by the Times Higher Education World University Rankings for the year 2018. It is also ranked 47 overall and 30 among universities by the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) for 2018.
For details about the University of Kerala results, scrolls down and get all information about university exam dates, date of results publication, download procedure etc.
An overview of the University of Kerala
|Article category||Kerala University Result|
|University||University of Kerala|
|Courses offered||UG, PG, Research program, and distance education programs|
|University type||State Public University|
|Chancellor||Governor of Kerala|
|Total courses offered||154|
|Mode of registration for admission||Online|
|Declaration of results||Online|
|Official University Website||www.keralauniversity.ac.in|
Kerala University Faculty
University has 16 faculties under there are various departments. See the list of all the faculties given below-
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Fine Arts
- Faculty of Applied Science and Technology
- Faculty of Ayurveda and Siddha
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Commerce
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Faculty of Engineering and Technology
- Faculty of Homeopathy
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Social Sciences
- Faculty of Management Studies
- Faculty of Oriental Studies
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Physical Education
University Entrance Exam & Admission Procedure
For registration for admission into the university, aspiring candidates have to register through the online mode. They can register themselves through admissions.keralauniversity.ac.in.
Admission to the University of Kerala is carried out on the basis of both entrance exam and merit list. The session and classes start in the month of August every year.
University Exams and Results
University follows a system of two sessions every year i.e. a semester system and also a choice based credit system for Postgraduate and undergraduate programs. Semester system falls during the month of August-January and February-July.
Thousands of exams are conducted in University of Kerala for various courses offered at all the affiliated colleges. University provides a single window online facility in the form of exam portal (www.exams.keralauniversity.ac.in) to all the students for university examination enrollment, registration, timetable, admit card download and checking the result.
Check the university exam and result details provided below-
- The first-semester exam for law programs is conducted in the month of December.
- Examination for M.Ed first semester is conducted in November.
- Typically, the exam for the August- January semesters for all the programs is conducted in the month for November-December and for February-July semesters exam are held typically in May.
- The exam for UG and PG first & second semester is conducted in April and May respectively.
- Students can get the exam date sheet, download hall ticket and other notification related to university result through the university exam portal mentioned above.
- Exam result for the first semester of postgraduate programs is declared in the month of October.
- Exam results for August-January semesters examinations are generally declared in the month of February-March and for February-July semesters are released in the month of August-September.
- Result for the first and second semester for the Undergraduate and postgraduate program is published in the month of June and September respectively.
- University uploads all the notifications, date of release of the result, result and another important announcement regarding university result on its official portal or website.
- Students can check the result only through the online mode as no other mode is applicable.
- The result will include details like name of the students, semester, year, program/course, code of the courses, grade, SGPA, CGPA, total marks obtained, credits, result status, remark etc.
- In case of any discrepancy in the result, students can contact the concerned authority at the address mentioned below.
- If students are not satisfied with grades they can apply for scrutiny within the given time schedule.
- Students are also given a chance to appear for a supplementary and improvement exam. For more details, they can visit the official website.
- Once the result is declared, the university will issue mark sheets to the university. Students can collect their mark sheets from the respective affiliated colleges.
- Students are advised to stay in touch with the official result portal of the university to get updated about the result.
How to check Kerala University Result?
Kerala University uploads the result for all the exams on its website and students are required to check and download from their only.
Here we have shared the procedure to check Kerala University Result online. Students can follow the given procedure.
- Firstly, students have to visit the official website of the university (mentioned above).
- On the homepage, they need to click on the result link.
- Now students have to choose the course or program of which they have to check the result.
- Students have to enter valid login credentials like roll number, enrollment number, date of birth, password or other required information.
- Students can see the result on their screens.
- Lastly, they can download and take a printout of the Kerala University Result for reference in the future.
The University of Kerala,
Senate House Campus, Palayam
Phone No. – 471- 2305994, 2386228, 230584
Fax- 471- 2307158