Mahatma Gandhi University Results: Mahatma Gandhi University (MGU) is a state university and a premier institute for higher education in the state of Kerala. Established on 2nd October 1983, MGU was formerly known as Gandhiji University.
The university campus is spread in an area of 110 acres. It has around 486 affiliated colleges (include aided/Govt., unaided colleges) spread in various district of Kerala.
Mahatma Gandhi University Results 2019
MGU has 17 university departments/schools, 7 inter-university centers, 10 inter-school centers, and 1 international and inter-university centers which offer around 300 Undergraduate, postgraduate and Ph.D. courses in various disciplines.
The National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) has ranked the university 52 in overall category and 34 among universities for the year 2018.
- Kemal Pasha, Asin Thottumkal, B. Unnikrishnan, Kandathil Sebastian, Shiju Radhakrishnan, K. M. Tharakan are some of the notable alumni of Mahatma Gandhi University.
In this article, we have shared all the necessary information related to the Mahatma Gandhi University result. Apart from the university semester results details, readers are going to get information about the university profile, admission criteria, and university exams.
Mahatma Gandhi University at a Glance
|Article category||University results|
|University||Mahatma Gandhi University|
|Chancellor||Governor of Kerala|
|Courses offered||Diploma, UG and PG programs|
|University type||State University|
|Campus Area||110 acres|
|Academic system||Semester System|
|Affiliated college||486 (approx.)|
|Mode of registration for admission||Online|
|Mode of the declaration of results||Online|
|Official University Website||www.mgu.ac.in|
Mahatma Gandhi University Schools/Department
MGU has total 17 university departments or schools. The names of all the schools are as follows-
- School of Behavioural Sciences
- School of Biosciences
- School of Chemical Sciences
- School of Computer Sciences
- School of Distance Education
- School of Pedagogical Sciences
- School of Social Sciences
- School of Physical Education and Sports Sciences
- School of Tourism Studies
- School of Environmental Sciences
- School of Gandhian Thought and Development Studies
- School of International Relations and Politics
- School of Indian Legal Thought
- School of Letters
- School of Management and Business Studies
- School of Pure and Applied Physics
- Department of Life Long Learning and Extensions
Mahatma Gandhi Jadavpur University Admission Procedure
The admission in UG and PG programs in the university are carried under a Centralized Admission Process (CAP). Interested candidates have to fill the online application form in order to apply to apply for the admission in the university.
The application forms for admissions into the undergraduate programs are made available in May and for PG programs they are released in the month of June. MGU also conduct an entrance exam CAT (Common Admission Test) for admission into PG programs in university teaching departments. For entry into Ph.D. programs, candidates have to qualify the Written Aptitude Test (WAT) conducted by the university.
Mahatma Gandhi University Exams and Results
MGU offers different programs and all the programs are run on a semester basis. The date of commencement of exam and declaration of result varies course to course.
The complete information about the university exams and result is shared below. Have a look-
Mahatma Gandhi University Examination
- As MGU follows a semester system the date of commencement of the academic session for all the regular and professional courses varies and so is with the commencement of the semester exams.
- University conducts the semester exams for different courses in different months.
- The odd semester exams for various programs are generally conducted from October to December on separate dates whereas the even semester exams are conducted in the month of May/June.
- The work exams for research programs are conducted in January.
- All the students have to fill an exam application form before appearing in the university exams.
- No student will be allowed to enter the exam hall without a valid hall ticket. Admit cards will be distributed to the students three days before the commencement of the examination.
Mahatma Gandhi University Results 2019
- MGU semester results depend upon the dates of the commencement of the exams.
- Generally, university publishes the result two or three months after the completion of the semester exam.
- The result for research programs is announced in August.
- The results are published on the official portal of the university.
- Students can download the result by using their valid login credentials and required details.
- MGU make students aware of the exam and result publication dates through its website. In order to get regular updates about the university results, students must stay in contact with the university website.
- The university result sheet includes details like name of the student, roll number, course, semester, year, marks obtained (subject-wise), total marks and result. In case of any clarification, students must contact the university authority.
- The result sheet published online should not be considered at the final mark sheet for the particular semester.
- The university distributes the original mark sheets to the students separately after the publication of the result online.
- The students those who are not satisfied with their marks can also apply for supplementary and improvement/reappearance exam after the declaration of the result.
- Students have to apply for supplementary/reappearance/improvement exams within the stipulated dates along with the payment of prescribed fee.
How to check Mahatma Gandhi University Results?
Follow the given procedure to check the MGU semester results-
- Go to the official university website i.e. mgu.ac.in.
- On the homepage click on the “Exam Result” link provided under the head Examinations.
- Select the relevant course.
- Enter the Examination, PRN and other required information and click on Get Result.
- Result will display on the screen.
- Check the details.
- Save and print the result sheet for future reference.
How to check the Revaluation Result?
Students can check the revaluation result by following the given steps-
- Visit mgu.ac.in.
- Click on the “result” link.
- Select “revaluation result”.
- Now select exam year, examination and course and click on get details.
- Now you see the revaluation result.
Details on Revaluation Result
The following information is mentioned on the result- PRN, Student name, subject, Status, Marks awarded (original marks) and marks awarded on revaluation.
Mahatma Gandhi University,
Priyadarsini Hills, P.O.,
Phone No.- 91-481-2731001