Osmania University Results 2019: Osmania University is a public state university situated at Hyderabad in the southern part of India. It was founded in the year 1918 and is the third oldest university to be established in South India and the seventh oldest in India.
OU is the first university in India that has Urdu as the medium of instruction. It is the largest university in the Indian subcontinent with over 300000 students studying in its campuses and affiliated colleges. With 750 affiliated colleges and 5155 foreign students from 87 countries, it is the largest affiliated university of Asia.
Osmania University Results 2019
OU offers 68 Postgraduate, 27 undergraduate, 24 Postgraduate Diploma, 2 Research programs at M.Phil & P.hD levels and 15 certificate programs in the field of Arts, Commerce, education, Law, Science, Engineering/Technology, Management etc.
Several prominent personalities of India related to various field comes from Osmania University. Few of them include P. V. Narasimha Rao, Shantanu Narayen, Harsha Bhogle, Mohammed Azharuddin, Shivraj Patil, Nallari Kiran Kumar Reddy etc.
Osmania University is mainly known for its faculty of Law, Arts, Engineering & Technology, Genetics and Biotechnology, Commerce and Management departments. The admission in the university are carried on the basis of entrance exams. It basically follows the semester system and Choice Based Credit System (CBCS).
Here, we have gathered all the necessary details related to the Osmania University results.
An overview of Osmania University
|Article category||Osmania University Results|
|Courses offered||UG, PG, Ph.D. and diploma programs|
|University type||Deemed to be University|
|Affiliations||UGC, NAAC, AIU|
|Campus Area||1600 acres|
|Academic system||Semester System|
|Mode of registration for admission||Online|
|Declaration of results||Online|
|Official University Website||www.osmania.ac.in|
Osmania University Constituent colleges
- University College for Women
- PG College of Law Basheerbagh
- Nizam College
- University PG College, Secunderabad
- University College of Science, Saifabad
Apart from this university has following campus colleges situated within the campus.
- University College of Arts & Social Sciences
- University College of Sciences
- University College of Law
- University College of Commerce and Business Management
- University College of Education
- University College of Engineering
- University College of Technology
- University College of Physical Education
Osmania University Faculties
University has following 12 faculties-
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Commerce
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of informatics
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Management
- Faculty of Oriental Languages
- Faculty of Pharmacy
- Faculty of Social Sciences
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Technology
Osmania University Admission
Admission into Osmania University is granted on the basis of various entrance exams conducted by the university. University conducts OUCET (Osmania University Common Entrance Test) every year for the admission of suitable candidates into various Undergraduate and Postgraduate programs offered by the university.
The application forms are made available in the month of May every year and exam is usually conducted in June. The applications are released through online mode. The written test is followed by the counseling procedure. The candidates are selected on the basis of the merit and other selection criteria set by the university.
Apart from the OUCET university also conducts an entrance exam for admission into DBT sponsored PG diploma program.
Osmania University Exams and Results
University follows a semester system and a Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) for several courses and thus the exam dates and the result dates for all the academic programs varies.
Check the details about university examination system and result dates below-
- Usually, the end term exams for odd semesters are conducted in the month of October/November/December/January.
- On the other hand, the end term exams for Even semesters are mainly conducted in the month of May/June.
- To appear in the university exams, it is compulsory for all the students to submit the examination form in the university or respective affiliated college or online along with the prescribed fee within the specified dates.
- University updates the time-table of the exam for each program on its official website. Therefore, students are advised to visit the website regularly.
Osmania University Results
- As university exams are conducted throughout the year depending upon the program, the result is also declared throughout the year for various programs.
- The result for CBCS and non-CBCS programs is announced separately.
- Students have to check the results only through the official website of the university and no hard copy of the result is sent to the students.
- The university releases a press notice to inform the students about the date and schedule of the declaration of the result.
- To get each and every information about the university result students are advised to stay in contact with the concerned department and also with the official university portal.
- The result will include information such as the name of the students, roll number, enrollment number, campus/affiliated college, course, semester, year, subject-wise marks, grades, credits, result, remark etc.
- Once the result is announced, students can also apply for revaluation and improvement exam.
- The supplementary result, backlog, and improvement results are released separately.
- After the declaration of the final result, students can collect their mark sheets from the university on the dates specified by the university.
- In case if any student finds any discrepancy in the result and for any kind of clarification, they must contact the concerned university department.
How to check Osmania University Results?
To check the result online, students have to follow the given procedure-
- Go to the official website of the university (mentioned above).
- On the homepage, click on the examination result link.
- A list of result will appear on the screen.
- Select the relevant result name.
- Now enter the twelve-digit hall ticket number and click on submit button.
- Finally, the result will display on the screen.
- Download the result for future reference. You can also take a printout of the result for your convenience.
For more details about the Osmania University result or any issue related to it, students can contact the responsible authority at the contact details mentioned below-
Administrative Building 1
Osmania University Campus
Hyderabad-500007, Telangana State, India
Phone No.- 040-27682364, 27682221, 040-27098704, 27098003
Email- email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com