SYMBIOSIS ENTRANCE TEST (SET) 2019: SYMBIOSIS ENTRANCE TEST (SET) is a common written test conducted by Symbiosis International University every year to offer admission in various undergraduate courses in its constituent/ affiliated colleges and institutes. SET 2019, is expected to be conducted in the first week of May 2019 for which interested candidates can submit the application from January 2019.
Official website of Symbiosis International University- www.set-test.org
If a candidate seeks admission in Engineering and Health Sciences and she/he has a valid JEE scorecard then he/she need not to register for SET and may directly apply to the concerned institute.
From this article, candidates can get all the necessary information related to SET 2019.
Courses Offered Under SET 2019
Following undergraduate courses are offered to the candidates through SET.
- Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Laws [B.A, LL.B( Hons)], Bachelor of Business Administration and Bachelor of Laws [B.B.A., LL.B(Hons)]
- B.A(Bachelor of Business Administration), Bachelor of Business Administration-IT(B.B.A-IT)
- Sc Nursing, B.Sc Economics (Hons.), B.Sc Liberal Arts
- Des(Bachelor of Design)
- BCA (Bachelor of Computer Administration )
- SC MT
SET 2019 Exam Date
As of now, there is no official announcement of the exam date we are sharing the tentative schedule of SET 2019. The exact schedule will be updated shortly.
|Online registration starts from||January 2019|
|Online registration close on||2nd week of April 2019|
|Last date of fee payment||3rd week of April 2019|
|Admit card issue||Last week of April 2019|
|Date of exam||1st week of May 2019|
|Announcement of result||3rd week of May 2019|
|Counseling||1st week of June 2019|
SET 2019 Application Form
- Application for SET 2019 will be made only through online.
- Candidates can apply from January 2019 as the application will start.
- Candidates can apply for two papers but one should be at morning shift and other should be in the afternoon shift.
- Candidates must read all the instruction carefully before filling the form.
- All the information to be filled in the form should be authentic and should be correctly entered in the application form.
- Candidates have to pay the prescribed application fee for SET 2019.
- Candidates must submit their application before the last date.
- Candidates have to upload following documents at the time of filling application form-
- 10th standard of mark-sheet
- 10+2 mark-sheet
- pre-board marks/predicted score (if final result is awaited)
- admit card of 10+2(if final result is awaited)
- latest photograph
- portfolio(for B.des candidates)
- Photocopy of valid passport (for only NRI candidates/foriegn nationals)
- statement of purpose
- Two letters of recommendations on original
- Payment proof of application fee.
- English proficiency certificate(not applicable for NRIs)
- Candidate have to pay a test fee of Rs. 1500/-
- Fee can be paid through-
- Net banking
- Credit card
- Debit card
- Cash(through challan from Axis/Indian bank )
- Demand draft.
- The application fee is non-refundable.
SET 2019 Eligibility
Eligibility for various courses offered by SIU is as follows-
- Candidates must have cleared 10+2 with minimum 45% (40% for SC/ST) with physics and mathematics as compulsory subjects with any of Chemistry/Biology /Biotechnology /Technical vocational subject.
- Candidates who have passed 10+2 or holds diploma in engineering/technology with minimum 50% (45%for SC/ST) marks is eligible.
For B.A L.L.B/B.B.A. L.L.B-
- Candidates who have passed 10+2 in any stream with minimum 45% (40%for SC/ST) marks.
- Candidates whose result is awaited are also eligible but at the time of admission, they are required to submit their passing certificate.
- Candidates must have passed 10+2(any stream) or 10+3 diploma or equivalent with minimum 50% aggregate marks.
- Final year appearing candidates are also eligible.
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 with minimum 50% (45%for SC/ST) marks from a recognized board.
FOR B.Sc Liberal Arts-
- Candidates who have passed 10+2 in any stream with minimum 50% (45%for SC/ST) marks.
- NRIs, Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) and Foreign Nationals (FN) must apply through the Symbiosis Center for International Education (SCIE).
- NRI candidates who are appearing in 10+2 final exam in India are also eligible.
FOR B.Sc Economics (Hons.)
- Candidates who have passed 10+2 in any stream with minimum 50% (45%for SC/ST) marks are eligible to apply.
SET 2019 Exam Pattern
- The exam will be conducted in offline mode.
- SET will be conducted for 5 papers- Engineering and Health Science, Law, Design and General.
- Engineering and Health Science paper will consist of 200 questions while Law, Design, and General paper will have 150 questions.
- Questions will be of objective type.
- The exam will be conducted in two session-morning and afternoon session.
- Duration of exam will be 150 minutes.
- There is no provision for negative marking.
The exam will be conducted in 21 test cities.
Here, we have shared exam pattern for all the courses.
FOR HEALTH SCIENCES
|Analytical & Logical Reasoning||30||30|
SET 2019 Exam Syllabus
As there are different courses in SET, therefore syllabus for all is different. For subjects like physics, chemistry, mathematics, biology syllabus will be from 10+2 standard.
SET 2019 Admit Card
Admit card for SET 2019 will be issued in the last week of April 2019. Candidates will get their admit cards only through online mode. No admits cards will be sent through post or email. Candidates have to download and take a printout of the same. On the exam day, candidates have to carry their admit card with any of the following documents to the exam centre.
- AADHAR Card(UID)
- PAN card
- Voter Id
- Driving License
- Credit card with photograph
- College/Institute Identity card.
Candidates without admit card will not be allowed to enter the exam hall. Candidates are advised to preserve their admit card till the admission procedure completes.
SET 2019 Result
SET 2019 Result is likely to be announced in the 3rd week of May 2019 on the official portal of the Symbiosis University. The Symbiosis Univerisity 2019 Result will be released in the form of scorecard which will remain available for one month on the website after the declaration of result. Each institute releases its own cut-off as per their preference. After the declaration of result, each institute conducts its own selection procedure (PI-WAT) for the candidates who have qualified the SET test. Final merit list which includes score of SET and PI-WAT (Personal Interaction-Writing Ability Test) score is expected to be published in the 1st week of June 2019.